Bala Pesala is currently a Principal Scientist at Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Chennai and an Associate Professor at Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR). He also designed a new M.Tech-PhD program in Renewable Energy as a part of AcSIR and is currently the coordinator of the program.
- Renewable Energy
- Terahertz Terahertz Technology
- Artificial Intelligence based Healthcare systems
Bala has received his B.Tech and M.Tech both in Aerospace engineering from IIT Madras in 2003. He received his PhD in Electrical Engineering from University of California at Berkeley in 2009. His thesis work was focused on slow and fast light using semiconductor optical amplifiers for RF and all-optical communication applications. At Berkeley, he also received minor degrees in Business and Nanotechnology. Subsequently, he did his post-doctoral research in the same group on using novel high-contrast gratings for Integrated optics.
Honors And Awards :
- CSIR Young Scientist Award (2016)
- Demitri Angelakos memorial achievement award (UC Berkeley 2009)
- Rafael Rodriguez Golden Age Fellowship (UC Berkeley)
- Silver medal for the highest GPA in Aerospace engineering (IIT Madras 2003)
- He has co-authored more than 100 publications in leading peer reviewed journals and conferences
Full Link – Google Scholar
Full Link – Research Gate