Senior Scientist, Central Electrochemical Research Institute and Assistant Professor at Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research
Area of Expertise
Theoretical chemistry, Electrochemistry, Fuel cells, Batteries
- Ph D in Theoretical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (2002). Research advisors: Professor K L Sebastian and Professor Biman Bagchi.
- M S in Theoretical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (1996). Research advisor: Professor Biman Bagchi.
- B Sc., Institute of Science, Nagpur University, Nagpur (1993).
- Central Electrochemical Research Institute: November 2006 – Present (at CECRI-Chennai unit since 2009)
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Society for Innovation and Development, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore: December 2005 – October 2006
- Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Mainz, Germany: February 2004 – October 2005
- Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Japan: November 2001 – November 2003
- Ananya Debnath, Alok K R Paul and K L Sebastian, Barrier crossing in one and three dimensions by a long chain, Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, doi: 10.1088/1742-5468/2010/11/P11024
- Alok K. R. Paul, Activated barrier crossing of macromolecules at submicron size entropic trap, Physical Review E, (2005), 72, 061801.
- Alok K. R. Paul and Hiroshi Watanabe, Test of tube dilation picture at short times through dynamic scattering and viscoelastic experiments, Polymer Journal, (2004), 36, 34.
- Hiroshi Watanabe and Alok K. R. Paul, Relationship between viscoelastic relaxation function and segmental displacement function for entangled linear chain in early stage of the tube dilation process, Macromolecules, (2003), 36, 2526.
- K. L. Sebastian and Alok K. R. Paul, Kramers problem for a polymer in a double well, Physical Review E, (2000), 62, 927.
Membership of professional societies
- Member, International society of Electrochemistry (ISE), Switzerland.
- Life member, Society for advancement of electrochemical science and technology (SAEST), Karaikudi, India.